Growth Mindset 3 Tier Curriculum | Teach Strategies to Foster a Growth Mindset
You Save: $3.51 (16%)
Bundle and Save
Supports Pencils of Promise
This is a digital resource. You will receive instantly upon purchase.
Growth mindset is a topic that you will come back to again and again as a school counselor. With this three-tier curriculum, you will have an engaging, ready-to-use, research-based, school counseling activity to use no matter what level of intervention your students need.
How often do you hear "I am just not good at X" or "it's not fair that Y is so good at Z"? These are the types of statements that come from having a fixed mindset. Fostering a growth mindset in students will help them see challenges as a chance to grow and learn. Furthermore, students will be empowered to improve rather than just wishing things were different.
This bundle includes:
- Growth Mindset Class Lesson
- Growth Mindset Small Group
- Growth Mindset Individual Counseling Curriculum
About the growth mindset class lesson:
This fun, low-prep, classroom counseling lesson will keep students engaged and help them learn the difference between a growth and a fixed mindset.
The best part? I have taken care of all of the planning and prep for you! This classroom counseling lesson is aligned with ASCA and CASEL standards, and it includes a detailed counselor script, outline, suggested answers, and extension activities.
By the end of this lesson, students will learn to view challenges as a chance to grow and learn something new. They will begin to view the brain as a flexible muscle that can grow. In addition, students will apply this knowledge to their own lives.
This Class Lesson Includes:
- Counselor's Guide with ASCA and CASEL aligned objectives
- Detailed Outlines with scripts, suggested student answers, and extension activities
- Movement-Based Icebreaker
- Discussion Die Game (option for jumbo version!)
- 5 Role Play Skits
- Cut and Paste Interactive Worksheet Reflection (includes color and B&W versions)
- Data Collection Tool: Pre and Post Lesson Self-Assessments
About the growth mindset small group:
Help students develop a growth mindset with this easy to use 5 week school counseling group. Growing Minds is a low-prep growth mindset group set to ASCA Mindsets and Behaviors. Students will learn how their brain is like a muscle, how they can learn from mistakes, and why challenges are beneficial.
Week 1: Your Brain is like a Muscle
Week 2: Learning from Mistakes
Week 3: The Power of Yet
Week 4: Learning from Challenges
Week 5: Reflection
Here is what's included each week:
- Outlines: Easy to implement outlines with ASCA and CASEL-aligned objectives
- Group Rules: Suggested and DIY Group Rules poster so students can take ownership of the creation of the group rules and norms.
- Feelings Check: Feelings Check Poster to serve as a visual aid for students to self-reflect on their emotional state at the start of each session.
- Self-Assessments: Pre and post-group self-assessments to track student growth and make data collection easy!
- Engaging games and activities: I include everything you need to run each session. Simply print each week before the students arrive and you are ready to go.
Discussion Icebreakers Include:
2 Sets of Growth Mindset Discussion Cards
2 Discussion Games
Links to 5 Class Dojo© Videos to supplement activities and facilitate discussion
About the growth mindset individual counseling curriculum:
This growth mindset individual counseling curriculum is designed to be used with students in a tier III one-on-one setting. Through engaging activities, crafts, and games, students will learn the strategies they need to foster a growth mindset. Each session includes an outline that is set to ASCA Mindsets and Behavior Standards.
Data tracking is essential to ensuring your counseling program is working efficiently. that is why I have included all of the tools you need in order to assess and measure your students' progress.
What's included with this resource:
- 5 Individual Counseling Growth Mindset Activities
- Student Journal with 5 Growth Mindset Prompts
- Feelings Check Posters
- Guide on Best Practices and Recommendations for Individual Counseling Sessions
- Counselor's Implementation Guide with Supplemental Videos
- Data Tracking Tools
- Hidden Message Finder
- Dice Game
- Drawing Challenge
- Perseverance Challenge
- Movement-based Game
Data Tools Include:
- Self-Assessments (digital Google Forms version included!)
- Student Rating Scales
- Behavior Progress Monitoring Forms (digital Google Forms version included!)
Visit Bright Futures School Counseling Blog and subscribe to my email list to gain access to my Class Lesson Cheat Sheet. You will also receive a weekly email with my latest school counseling tips, research, and freebies!
Follow me on social media to be the first to learn about sales and new resources!
Access ALL of my counseling resources for just $29 per month!
For just $29 per month IMPACT members have access to every resource in this store, plus monthly professional development opportunities, and exclusive resources just for members!
Looking for a one-stop shop for all of your school counseling needs? Need to make sure all of your curriculum follows research-based best practices? This comprehensive year-long three-tiered school counseling curriculum is designed to give you everything you need to...
Anger management is a topic that you will come back to again and again as a school counselor. With this three-tier curriculum, you will have an engaging, ready-to-use, research-based, school counseling anger management lesson with an activity to use no matter what...
Anxiety is a topic that you will come back to again and again as a school counselor. With this three-tier curriculum, you will have an engaging, ready-to-use, research-based school counseling activity to use no matter what level of intervention your...
Get everything you need to feel confident and prepared during your first 60 days of the school year! Whether it's the first day of school or a few weeks in, this school counseling back-to-school bundle has everything you need to feel prepared. It includes whole class...
October is Bullying Prevention Month but as counselors, we are constantly trying to help students understand what is and what is not bullying. This bundle is full of engaging lessons, interactive activities, and fun games to help tackle the important...
Small group counseling is an essential part of an MTSS comprehensive school counseling program. This elementary school counseling group bundle includes 10 ready-to-use small groups for Tier II intervention, all of which are ASCA and CASEL-aligned! Topics covered include anxiety,...
Join 25,000+ other counselors and stay connected with my latest counseling research, resources, and updates!