Anger Management 3 Tier Counseling Curriculum : Develop Anger Management Skills
You Save: $4.70 (21%)
Bundle and Save
Supports Pencils of Promise
This is a digital resource. You will receive instantly upon purchase.
Anger management is a topic that you will come back to again and again as a school counselor. With this three-tier curriculum, you will have an engaging, ready-to-use, research-based, school counseling anger management lesson with an activity to use no matter what level of intervention your students need.
Students will develop anger management skills they can use at home and in school to help them feel more in control of their emotions. In addition, they will improve their communication skills and gain a better understanding of how they can better handle their challenges and frustrations. The skills students learn through these anger management lessons and activities will help them be successful.
This bundle includes:
- Anger Management Class Lesson
- Anger Management Small Group
- Anger Management Individual Counseling Curriculum
About the anger management class lesson:
This anger management guidance lesson will help students better understand and overcome feelings of anger and frustration. Using movement, games, and activities students will learn how to define anger and identify coping strategies to use when they experience strong emotions.
I have taken care of all of the planning and prep for you! This classroom guidance lesson is aligned with ASCA and CASEL standards, and it includes a detailed counselor script, outline, suggested answers, and extension activities
This Lesson Includes:
- Counselor's Guide including ASCA and CASEL aligned objectives
- Detailed Outlines with scripts, suggested student answers, and extension activities
- Movement-Based Icebreaker
- Group Write and Reflect Discussion
- Group breakout activity
- Cut and Paste Reflection
- Data Collection Tool: Pre and Post Lesson Self-Assessments
About the anger management small group:
Help students better understand and overcome anger and frustration with this complete 7-week school counseling group. Steam Stoppers is a low-prep 7 week anger management small group set to ASCA Mindsets and Behaviors. Students will learn how to identify triggers, predict consequences, identify calm-down strategies, and more!
Week 1: Introduction and establishing group norms
Week 2: Identify physical reactions to anger- “My Angry Body”
Week 3: Identify triggers and externalize anger- “My Angry Monster"
Week 4: Discuss reactions and consequences- “The Anger Volcano”
Week 5: Identify calming strategies- “Calm Down Strategies"
Week 6: Establish a plan to be used to combat anger- “My Anger Plan”
Week 7: Set anger reaction goals- “Calm Down Goal Setting”
Here is what's included each week:
- Outlines: Easy to implement outlines with ASCA and CASEL-aligned objectives
- Group Rules: Suggested and DIY Group Rules poster so students can take ownership of the creation of the group rules and norms.
- Feelings Check: Feelings Check Poster to serve as a visual aid for students to self-reflect on their emotional state at the start of each session.
- Self-Assessments: Pre and post-group self-assessments to track student growth and make data collection easy!
- Engaging games and activities: I include everything you need to run each session. Simply print each week before the students arrive and you are ready to go.
About the anger management individual counseling curriculum:
his anger management curriculum is designed to be used with students in a tier III individual setting. Through engaging activities, crafts, and games, students will learn the strategies and coping skills they need in order to manage their anger. Each session includes an outline that is set to ASCA Mindsets and Behavior Standards.
As the school counselor, you will have all of the tools you need to assess and measure your students' progress.
- 5 Individual Counseling Activities
- Student Journal with 5 Anger Management Exercises
- Feelings Check Posters
- Guide on Best Practices and Recommendations for Individual Counseling Sessions
- Counselor's Implementation Guide with Supplemental Videos
- Data Tracking Tools
- Anger Explosion Craft
- Social Story and Dice Game
- Mindfulness Discussion Cards
- Reflective Think Sheet
- Coping Skills Game
Data Tools Include:
- Self-Assessments (digital Google Forms version included!)
- Student Rating Scales
- Behavior Progress Monitoring Forms (digital Google Forms version included!)
Visit Bright Futures School Counseling Blog and subscribe to my email list to gain access to my Class Lesson Cheat Sheet. You will also receive a weekly email with my latest school counseling tips, research, and freebies!
Follow me on social media to be the first to learn about sales and new resources!
Access ALL of my counseling resources for just $29 per month!
For just $29 per month IMPACT members have access to every resource in this store, plus monthly professional development opportunities, and exclusive resources just for members!
Looking for a one-stop shop for all of your school counseling needs? Need to make sure all of your curriculum follows research-based best practices? This comprehensive year-long three-tiered school counseling curriculum is designed to give you everything you need to...
Anger management is a topic that you will come back to again and again as a school counselor. With this three-tier curriculum, you will have an engaging, ready-to-use, research-based, school counseling anger management lesson with an activity to use no matter what...
Anxiety is a topic that you will come back to again and again as a school counselor. With this three-tier curriculum, you will have an engaging, ready-to-use, research-based school counseling activity to use no matter what level of intervention your...
Get everything you need to feel confident and prepared during your first 60 days of the school year! Whether it's the first day of school or a few weeks in, this school counseling back-to-school bundle has everything you need to feel prepared. It includes whole class...
October is Bullying Prevention Month but as counselors, we are constantly trying to help students understand what is and what is not bullying. This bundle is full of engaging lessons, interactive activities, and fun games to help tackle the important...
Small group counseling is an essential part of an MTSS comprehensive school counseling program. This elementary school counseling group bundle includes 10 ready-to-use small groups for Tier II intervention, all of which are ASCA and CASEL-aligned! Topics covered include anxiety,...
Join 25,000+ other counselors and stay connected with my latest counseling research, resources, and updates!